Berkshire Housing is an equal opportunity employer.
MAINTENANCE SITE STAFF POSITION
General Description of Responsibilities:
The maintenance person is responsible for the general and routine cleaning of the interior and exterior of Proprietors Fields. In addition, he/she is responsible for minor maintenance and the specific tasks more fully enumerated below. He/She works under the supervision of the Property Manager with regards to maintenance and cleaning issues that affect the efficient management of the apartment complex and the comfort, welfare and safety of the tenants. Strict confidentiality must be followed and adhered to at all times with regards to tenant related issues.
Specific Tasks & Duties of the Site Staff person are as follows:
- Vacuum and shampoo carpeting in common halls, stairwells and in the Community Room.
- Remove and reinstall curtains and upholstery in Community Room for cleaning at regular intervals.
- General cleaning of hallway walls and baseboards, stairwells and laundry room.
- Monitor the trash dumpster daily and clean debris as necessary.
- Police grounds of complex daily to ensure that rubbish is removed for disposal.
- Sweep sidewalks and parking areas as needed.
- Preparation of vacant apartments, including cleaning of appliances, bathroom fixtures, carpeting and painting of units.
- Salt sidewalks and entry areas during periods of snow and ice and shovel paths from exits, utilize power equipment to clear all parking lots and walks as needed during inclement weather.
- Change light bulbs in apartments and common halls.
- Remove screens for repair and reinstall when repairs are completed.
- Go to local hardware store to pick up maintenance and cleaning supplies
- Maintain purchase order log of all purchases.
- Plant, water, weed and maintain flower beds and flower pots.
- Performs all other related tasks as requested by management.
- Maintain all tenant files on site, Coordinate all unit inspections with local agencies.
- Assist in the performance of all preventative and routine maintenance.
- Complete required daily, weekly, monthly or annual reports pertaining to the maintenance and upkeep of the property. (i.e. Work Orders, Preventative Maintenance Schedules, Inventory Schedule, Monthly Work Reports)
- Assist in the performance of various repairs on the interior or exterior of the building and equipment, which may require mechanical ability, carpentry, masonry, electrical, or plumbing work as permitted by building codes.
These duties are not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may be added that are associated with a position of this nature.
Job Classification: Full Time – 40 Hours per week
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 A.M.- 4:30 P.M. and rotating on-call weekend and weekday shifts
Download an employment application here.
Download a copy of the Berkshire Housing Employee benefits package here.